High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BICHAMINA, W/O.PANDICHERIYA AHAMMED v. PARAPPANANGADI CO-OPERATIVE SERVICE - WP(C) No. 16418 of 2007(D)  RD-KL 11823 (3 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 16418 of 2007(D)
1. BICHAMINA, W/O.PANDICHERIYA AHAMMED,
1. PARAPPANANGADI CO-OPERATIVE SERVICE
2. THE REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.K.MOHAMED RAVUF
For Respondent :SRI.K.P.SUDHEER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.M.JOSEPH
O R D E R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
W.P.(C).No. 16418 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dated this the 3rd day of July, 2007
Petitioner claims to be a fisher woman. She is the wife of one Ahammed who died in 2001. They belong to fishermen community. Petitioner's husband availed a loan and now there is an award at the instance of the Bank.
2. I heard learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned counsel for the Bank also.
3. Learned counsel for the Bank submits that even though there is an interim order to pay Rs.20,000/-, petitioner has not paid the amount. Learned counsel for the petitioner does not dispute the fact that petitioner has not paid the amount. He submits that a committee is formed to raise money to help the petitioner. Learned counsel for the petitioner prays that Bank may be directed to consider the question of remission of interest and giving her time/permitting her to pay the amount in instalments. Learned counsel for the Bank submits that if the WPC No.16418/07 2 petitioner files an application and remits the amount as directed by this court, the Bank will take a decision in the matter. Having regard to all facts, the writ petition is disposed of as follows: If the petitioner files an application seeking relief before the first respondent within three weeks from today and also remits the amount of Rs. 20,000/- on or before the filing of the application, the first respondent will consider and take a decision in the matter and communicate the decision to the petitioner. Till such time as a decision is taken and communicated to the petitioner, proceedings shall be kept in abeyance. Of course, this is subject to the condition that petitioner remits the amount of Rs.20,000/- and files an application as aforesaid.
(K.M.JOSEPH, JUDGE)sv. WPC No.16418/07 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.