High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAJEEV, AGED 25, S/O.SREEDHARAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 4014 of 2007(R)  RD-KL 12058 (4 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4014 of 2007(R)
1. RAJEEV, AGED 25, S/O.SREEDHARAN,
2. JENESH, AGED 24, S/O.JAYACHANDRAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.G.SREEKUMAR (CHELUR)
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.No.4014 of 2007
Dated this the 4th day of July, 2007
ORDERApplication for regular bail. Petitioners are accused 1 and 3. They face allegations, inter alia, under Sections 326 and 307 r/w 149 I.P.C. The alleged incident had taken place on 09.04.2007. The petitioners were arrested and they continue in custody from 25.04.2007. An earlier application for regular bail filed by the petitioners was dismissed by this Court as per order dated 05.06.07. A co-accused was granted bail as per the said order.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioners submits that the petitioners are innocent and at any rate, they, who have remained in custody for more than 9 weeks, may now be enlarged on bail.
3. The learned Public Prosecutor opposes the application on the short ground that presence of the petitioners at the scene of the crime is likely to disturb the law and order situation in the locality. No other ground for opposition is raised.
4. I have considered all the relevant inputs. I am satisfied, that the petitioners can now be granted bail subject to appropriate terms and conditions. To allay the apprehension of the learned Public Prosecutor , the entry of the petitioners within the jurisdiction of the Guruvayur Police Circle can be excluded. B.A.No.4014 of 2007 2
5. In the result, this application is allowed. The petitioners
shall be released on bail on the
following terms and conditions.
i) The petitioners shall execute bonds for Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) each with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate; ii) The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation before the Investigating Officer between 10 a.m and 12 noon on all Mondays for a period of three months from the date of their release; iii) The petitioners shall not, except for the purpose of complying with condition No.ii above, enter the Guruvayur Police Circle, for a period of 3 months.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)rtr/- //True Copy// PA to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.