High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ABRAHAM JOSEPH, S/O. JOSEPH v. DISTRICT COLLECTOR - WP(C) No. 20931 of 2007(P)  RD-KL 12291 (6 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 20931 of 2007(P)
1. ABRAHAM JOSEPH, S/O. JOSEPH,
1. DISTRICT COLLECTOR,
2. THODUPUZHA MUNICIPALITY, REPRESENTED BY
3. THODUPUZHA MUNICIPAL COUNCIL,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.RAMESH CHANDER
For Respondent :SRI.P.K.SOYUZ,THODUPUZHA MUNICIPALIT
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.M.JOSEPH
O R D E R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
W.P.(C).No.20931 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dated this the 6th day of July, 2007
Exts.P1 and P3 are challenged in this writ petition. Ext.P1 is the show cause notice to which petitioner submitted Ext.P2. Ext.P3 is passed calling upon the petitioner to demolish the unauthorised structure encroached upon the property vested in the municipality.
2. I heard learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned counsel appearing for respondents 2 and 3, besides learned Government Pleader. Learned counsel for respondents 2 and 3 submits that Ext.P3 is appealable before the third respondent under section 509 of the Municipality Act.
3. In such circumstances, I feel that petitioner should be relegated to pursue the alternate remedy. The writ petition is disposed of as follows: If the petitioner prefers an appeal against Ext.P3 within two weeks from today before the third respondent, the third WPC No.20931/07 2 respondent will consider and take a decision on the same in accordance with law after hearing the petitioner. Till such time as a decision is taken, Ext.P3 shall be kept in abeyance.
(K.M.JOSEPH, JUDGE)sv. WPC No.20931/07 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.