High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ROHINI, W/O.NARAYANAN, PUTHENVEEDU v. STATE, REPRESENTED BY THE PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 4078 of 2007  RD-KL 12387 (6 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4078 of 2007()
1. ROHINI, W/O.NARAYANAN, PUTHENVEEDU,
1. STATE, REPRESENTED BY THE PUBLIC
For Petitioner :SRI.M.SHAJU PURUSHOTHAMAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.No.4078 of 2007
Dated this the 6th day of July, 2007
ORDERApplication for anticipatory bail. The petitioner, a woman, is the 1st accused. She along with the 2nd accused was allegedly found to keep in their possession and transporting 180 X 150 ml of arrack in packets. They were intercepted and apprehended. Arrest of the 1st accused/petitioner could not be effected as the excise party had no lady official in it. The 2nd accused was arrested. Investigation is in progress. The petitioner apprehends imminent arrest.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the petitioner is innocent. Her arrest and detention afresh is not necessary now. Anticipatory bail may be granted to her, it is prayed.
3. The learned Public Prosecutor opposes the application. There are no circumstances justifying the invocation of the extraordinary equitable discretion under Section 438 Cr.P.C, submits the learned Public Prosecutor.
4. I find merit in the opposition by the learned Public Prosecutor. This is a fit case where the petitioner must resort to the ordinary and normal procedure of appearing before the Investigating Officer or the learned Magistrate having jurisdiction. She must then seek regular bail. B.A.No.4078 of 2007 2
5. This application is, in these circumstances, dismissed, but I may hasten to observe that if the petitioner surrenders before the learned Magistrate and applies for bail after giving sufficient prior notice to the Prosecutor in charge of the case, the learned Magistrate must proceed to pass appropriate orders on merits and expeditiously - on the date of surrender itself.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.