High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
V.P. CHACKO, VAZHAYIL HOUSE v. STTE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 167 of 2007  RD-KL 1247 (16 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 167 of 2007()
1. V.P. CHACKO, VAZHAYIL HOUSE,
2. K.K. SHAJI, AGED 40,
3. DIVAKARAN NAIR, AGED 57,
4. SEBASTIAN, AGED 53, S/O.MATHAI,
5. AJAYAN K.V., AGED 40,
6. AJISH, S/O.BHASKARAN,
1. STTE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI. N.K.SHYJU
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.167 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 16th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos.1 to 6 in Crime No.2/07 of Munnar Police Station for offences punishable under sections 143, 147, 148, 323, 324 and 326 read with section 149 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. Having regard to the fact that this is a union rivalry in which a counter case has also been registered as Crime No.1/07 of Munnar Police Station, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioners on bail for a period of one month in the event of their arrest in connection with the above case on each of them executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer. B.A.NO.167/07 Page numbers
3. The petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioners shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.