High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VENUGOPALA PILLAI.S., WORKER, GR.II v. ASSISTANT ENGINEER, M.I.SECTION - WP(C) No. 1662 of 2007(W)  RD-KL 1252 (16 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 1662 of 2007(W)
1. VENUGOPALA PILLAI.S., WORKER, GR.II,
1. ASSISTANT ENGINEER, M.I.SECTION,
2. ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE ENGINEER,
3. CHIEF ENGINEER (ADMINISTRATION),
4. STATE OF KERALA, REP.BY ITS SECRETARY,
For Petitioner :SRI.S.MUHAMMED HANEEFF
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, JW.P.(C)NO. 1662 of 2007
Dated this the 16th day of January, 2007
The petitioner belongs to the category of Worker Grade II in the Irrigation department. He has filed Ext.P4 representation addressed to the third respondent seeking to grant him certain service benefits including higher grade on completion of the requisite period of service and consequential monitory benefits. The request made by the petitioner has not been seriously taken care of by the respondents and the same is pending with them. The petitioner has, therefore, approached this Court.
2. Heard the counsel for the petitioner and the Government Pleader also.
3. In the facts and circumstances, I feel that the third respondent has got a duty to consider Ext.P4 and pass orders, in accordance with law, without further delay. Accordingly, the writ petition is disposed of directing the third respondent to consider Ext.P4 and pass orders, as expeditiously as possible, and to make available the benefits due to the petitioner based on such decision within two months from the date of receipt of a copy of the judgment. The W.P.(C)No. 1662/2007 2 petitioner shall produce a copy of the judgment along with a copy of the writ petition before the second respondent for information and compliance. The writ petition is disposed of with the above directions.
K.K.DENESAN, JUDGEcss/ W.P.(C)No. 1662/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.