High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
REVAMMA, AGED 38 YEARS v. THE SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE - WP(C) No. 19391 of 2007(H)  RD-KL 12525 (9 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 19391 of 2007(H)
1. REVAMMA, AGED 38 YEARS,
1. THE SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
2. THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
3. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
4. PRAHLADAN, 'PRAHLAD BHAVAN',
5. KUNJUMON, 'KALLUMOODU HOUSE',
For Petitioner :SRI.S.SHANAVAS KHAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.W.P.C.No.19391 of 2007
Dated this the 9th day of July 2007
J U D G M E N T
The short grievance of the petitioner is that no crime has been registered on the basis of Ext.P1 complaint lodged by him before the Sub Inspector of Police, Kanakakkunnu police station which was acknowledged under Ext.P2. He had subsequently allegedly preferred Ext.P3 complaint also before the A.S.P, Kayamkulam. Thus the crux of the grievance is that though Ext.P1 reveals commission of a cognizable offence, no action in accordance with law has been taken by the police.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor, on instructions, submits that the police have now registered crime No.124/2007 of Kanakakkunnu police station on 29/6/2007 under Section 447,323 and 354 I.P.C. Investigation is being conducted. A proper and efficient investigation shall be conducted, submits the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. The submissions of the learned Public Prosecutor are taken note of and recorded. The grievance of the petitioner thus W.P.C.No.19391/07 2 stands redressed by the subsequent conduct of the police, though belated. I am, in these circumstances, satisfied that no further directions need be issued in this writ petition.
4. In the result, this writ petition is dismissed. But I make it clear that the dismissal of this writ petition will not in any way fetter the rights of the petitioner to approach this court again at a later stage, if proper and efficient investigation is not conducted by the investigator.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr W.P.C.No.19391/07 3 W.P.C.No.19391/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.