High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
THE ERNAKULAM DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE v. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - WP(C) No. 19868 of 2007(M)  RD-KL 12541 (9 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 19868 of 2007(M)
1. THE ERNAKULAM DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE
1. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
3. SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.PAUL VARGHESE
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.W.P.C.No.19868 of 2007
Dated this the 9th day of July 2007
J U D G M E N T
The petitioner is the defacto complainant in a crime registered as early as in 2004 as crime No.74/04 of Puthenvelikkara police station inter alia under Sections 420 and 468 I.P.C. The investigation is in progress. The petitioner has come to this court complaining about the slow pace of investigation and the failure of the investigating officer to complete the investigation.
2. Notice was given to the learned Public Prosecutor. A statement has been filed by the investigating officer about the steps taken in the investigation. The learned Public Prosecutor, on behalf of the investigating officer, submits that the investigator may be given six months further time to complete the investigation. I find the said request to be reasonable. I am satisfied that appropriate directions can be issued to the second respondent who has filed the statement to complete the investigation expeditiously. I am further satisfied that there W.P.C.No.19868/07 2 must be a further direction to the third respondent,Superintendent of Police, Ernakulam (Rural), Aluva to supervise and monitor the investigation effectively to ensure compliance with the undertaking that the final report shall be filed within six months from this date.
3. In the result, this petition is allowed in part. There shall be a direction to the second respondent to complete the investigation within a period of six months as undertaken by him before this court as also to the third respondent, Superintendent of police, Ernakulam Rural Aluva to ensure that the investigation by the second respondent is properly monitored and supervised so that the undertaken given before this court is complied with strictly. Hand over copy of this order to the learned Public Prosecutor.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr W.P.C.No.19868/07 3 W.P.C.No.19868/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.