High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.K. RAJAN, AGED 36 YEARS, S/O. KELAPPAN v. MUHAMMED, AGED 31 YEARS, S/O. MOIDEEN - WP(C) No. 8689 of 2004(H)  RD-KL 12736 (11 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 8689 of 2004(H)
1. P.K. RAJAN, AGED 36 YEARS, S/O. KELAPPAN
1. MUHAMMED, AGED 31 YEARS, S/O. MOIDEEN,
2. NELLIKKAL MEETHAL RAJEEVAN
3. NATIONAL INSURANCE COMPNAY LTD.,
4. THE DEPUTY TAHSILDAR, REVENUE RECOVERY
For Petitioner :SRI.GHOSH YOHANNAN
For Respondent :SRI.MOHANAN V.T.K.
The Hon'ble MR. Justice THOTTATHIL B.RADHAKRISHNAN
O R D E R
W.P.(C).No.8689 of 2004
Dated this the 11th day of July, 2007
Petitioner is the owner of a vehicle that was involved in a motor accident. An award was passed by the Tribunal directing the insurer to pay the amount and permitting it to recover that amount from the owner and driver. I find no illegality in that award. Revenue recovery proceedings have been initiated for recovery of such amount.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner submits that having regard to the financial condition of the petitioner, he may be permitted to pay the amount in installments. Under the aforesaid circumstances, this writ petition is disposed of directing that the revenue recovery proceedings will stand stayed for a further period of three months from today to enable the petitioner to pay the entire outstanding amount in three equal monthly instalments payable on or before 15th of W.P.(C).No.8689/2004 every month commencing from August, 2007. If there is default in remitting any of the instalments as aforesaid, the benefit of this judgment shall stand recalled automatically. The office will communicate a copy of this judgment to the fourth respondent.
THOTTATHIL B.RADHAKRISHNAN, JUDGEdvs
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.