High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SRI.MATHEW BENEDICT K.A.,PROFESSOR,MAR v. THE SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT,HIGHER - OP No. 3016 of 2002(H)  RD-KL 12900 (12 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMOP No. 3016 of 2002(H)
1. SRI.MATHEW BENEDICT K.A.,PROFESSOR,MAR
3. SRI.RAMAN NAMPOOTHIRY N.,PROFESSOR,
4. SRI.JOSEPHKUNJU PAUL.C.,ASST.PROFESSOR,
5. SRI.ROY N.MATHEWS,ASST.PROFESSOR,
7. SRI.REJI MATHEW,ASST.PROFESSOR,MACE,
8. SRI.DEVI PRASAD VARMA P.R.,
9. SRI.BINU C.YOLDOSE,ASST.PROFESSOR,
10. SRI.KEMTHOSE P.PAUL,ASST.PROFESSOR,
14. SRI.PAUL ANTONY,PROFESOR,MACE,
17. SMT.SALICE PETER,ASST.PROFESSOR,MACE,
18. SMT.SHEELA JOSEPH,ASST.PROFESSOR,MACE,
19. SMT.ELIZABETH SEBASTIAN,ASST.PROFESSOR,
21. SMT.ALICEKUTTY PHILIP,PROFESSOR,MACE,
22. SRI.PAULSON JOHN,ASST.PROFESOR,MACE,
23. SMT.LEENA THOMAS,ASST.PROFESSOR,MACE,
1. THE SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT,HIGHER
2. THE DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION,
3. THE REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL
4. MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY,KOTTAYAM,
5. M.A.COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.RAMAKUMAR
For Respondent :SRI.V.K.MUHAMMAD YOUSUF, SC, M.G.UTY.
The Hon'ble MR. Justice THOTTATHIL B.RADHAKRISHNAN
O R D E R
THOTTATHIL B.RADHAKRISHNAN, J.O.P.No.3016 OF 2002
Dated this the 12th day of July, 2007
Petitioners seek to quash Ext.P25. They also seek a declaration as to the validity of their promotions in question.
2. Admittedly, promotions of the petitioners have been made
in terms of Ext.P1 and such promotions have been approved by
the University. The plea in the counter affidavit that such
promotions were given with retrospective effect, without prior
concurrence of the Government, does not stand. The writ
petition hence succeeds.
In the result,
the writ petition is allowed. The impugned
Ext.P25 is quashed and it is directed that all consequential
benefits flowing out
of the approval of the promotions of the
petitioners shall be made available to them in accordance with
law, in terms of the
approval orders issued by the University.
THOTTATHIL B. RADHAKRISHNAN, JO.P.NO.3016 OF 2002
12TH JULY, 2007.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.