High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
M/S DEVI JEWEL COLLECTIONS, 27/3006A v. UNION OF INDIA REPRESENTED BY THE - WP(C) No. 8876 of 2007(F)  RD-KL 12994 (13 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 8876 of 2007(F)
1. M/S DEVI JEWEL COLLECTIONS, 27/3006A,
2. P.R.SUDHAKARAN, PANIKKASSERY HOUSE,
3. T.D.DEVI, W/O SUBIN,
1. UNION OF INDIA REPRESENTED BY THE
2. UCO BANK, KAVERI BUILDINGS,
3. THE AUTHORIZED OFFICER UNDER SARFAESI
For Petitioner :SRI.SIBY MATHEW
For Respondent :SRI.VARGHESE P. THOMAS, CGSC
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
S. SIRI JAGAN, J.W.P.(C)NO.8876 OF 2007
DATED THIS THE 13th DAY OF JULY, 2007
The petitioners challenge proceedings under the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002. By order dated 16.3.2007, this Court stayed further proceedings on condition that the petitioners deposit 40% of the impugned outstanding on or before 30.3.2007 and continue to deposit at the rate of 10% of the total outstanding per month, payable on or before the last working day of every month commencing from April, 2007. It is admitted by the petitioners that they have not complied with the said interim order.
2. The Act itself prescribes a remedy by way of appeal before the Debt Recovery Tribunal against the impugned proceedings. The Supreme Court of India has held that this Court shall not ordinarily in exercise of powers under Article 226 of the Constitution of India interfere with the proceedings under the Act. The petitioners have not been able to show any special reasons which would warrant interference of this Court also. In the above circumstances, I decline to entertain this writ W.P.(c)No.8876/07 2 petition and accordingly, the same is dismissed.
S. SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEAcd
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.