High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PANKAJAKSHAN, AGED 51 YEARS v. MURALEEDHARAN, AGED 41 YEARS - Tr P(Crl) No. 53 of 2007  RD-KL 13021 (13 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMTr P(Crl) No. 53 of 2007()
1. PANKAJAKSHAN, AGED 51 YEARS,
1. MURALEEDHARAN, AGED 41 YEARS,
2. SASI, KURUNCHERI HOUSE,
3. SANKARAN NAIR, MURALI NIVAS,
4. DASAN, S/O.NARAYANAN NAIR,
5. THE STATE, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.GRASHIOUS KURIAKOSE
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JT.P(Cr).No.53 of 2007
Dated this the 13th day of July, 2007
ORDERApplication for transfer. The petitioner against whom, the learned Chief Judicial Magistrate in some other cases has rendered adverse decisions, apprehends that the present case in which he is a party may also be decided adversely and against him by the learned Chief Judicial Magistrate. He therefore prays for a transfer. He had earlier moved the learned Sessions Judge and I find by Annexure-VI detailed order, the learned Sessions Judge had considered the prayer for transfer threadbare and has come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no justification in the prayer for transfer.
2. The request for transfer is repeated before me. I have heard the learned counsel for the petitioner. I totally concur with the conclusion of the learned Sessions Judge. I find the apprehension of the petitioner and the consequent prayer for transfer to be totally unjustified. The mere fact that a judicial officer - (a fairly senior judicial officer, a Chief Judicial Magistrate in this case) has taken certain decisions adverse to the petitioner in other matters on the basis of the evidence available in such matters is certainly no reason for any litigant to entertain a reasonable apprehension that the next case will also be decided against him. I am not at all persuaded in these circumstances to allow this transfer petition. T.P(Cr).No.53 of 2007 2
3. This transfer petition is, in these circumstances, dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.