High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAJI, AGED 19 YEARS v. THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE - WP(C) No. 15076 of 2007(T)  RD-KL 13031 (13 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 15076 of 2007(T)
1. RAJI, AGED 19 YEARS,
1. THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE,
2. THE SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE, ALAPPUZHA
3. THE DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
4. THE CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
5. THE S.I. OF POLICE, KURATHIKADU -DO-.
For Petitioner :SRI.VINCENT JOSEPH
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.W.P.C.No.15076 of 2007
Dated this the 13th day of July 2007
J U D G M E N T
The grievance which the petitioner raises in this writ petition filed on 11/5/2007 is that no proper investigation has been conducted by the police into crime No.55/07 of Kurathikkad police station registered under Section 376 I.P.C at the instance of the petitioner herein.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor submits and a statement to that effect has been filed by the fourth respondent that the investigation is almost complete now. There are two accused in the crime who have both secured orders granting them bail. DNA test is to be conducted. The allegation is that the petitioner was raped and in such relationship, a child was born. The result of the DNA test is awaited. As soon as the result of the DNA test is received, steps shall be taken to file the final report and close the investigation in the case, it is submitted.
3. I am, in these circumstances, satisfied that no further directions need be issued in the matter. The investigating officer must take all steps to ensure that he gets the DNA test results and files the final report, as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within a period of four months from this date.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr // True Copy// PA to Judge Crl.M.C.No. 2 Crl.M.C.No. 3
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.