High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VIJAYALAKSHMI, D/O.KUNJIAMMA v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE - WP(C) No. 19594 of 2007(G)  RD-KL 13077 (13 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 19594 of 2007(G)
1. VIJAYALAKSHMI, D/O.KUNJIAMMA,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE
2. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.SANJAY
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.W.P.C.No.19594 of 2007
Dated this the 13th day of July 2007
J U D G M E N T
The short grievance of the petitioner was that no proper investigation is being conducted into crime No.57/2005 of Nallalam police station registered on the basis of a complaint filed by the petitioner before the learned Magistrate and forwarded to the police under Section 156(3) Cr.P.C.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor has taken instructions. A statement has been filed by the investigating officer. A copy of the statement has been made available for my perusal. The statement shows that the investigator has done the needful to conduct a proper investigation and it is expected that the investigation can be completed and a proper final report can be filed, at the earliest.
3. I find merit in the grievance of the petitioner that the investigation has not been done with sufficient expedition. Though the crime was registered as early as in 2005, even now the final report has not been filed. However, I am satisfied that W.P.C.No.19594/07 2 no further specific directions are necessary. I accept the statement of the learned Public Prosecutor that the investigation shall be completed and final report shall be filed within a period of six months from this date.
4. This writ petition is, in these circumstances, dismissed accepting the said submission of the learned Public Prosecutor.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr // True Copy// PA to Judge W.P.C.No.19594/07 3 W.P.C.No.19594/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.