High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.VIJAYAN v. THE MALAPPURAM DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE - WP(C) No. 17973 of 2007(M)  RD-KL 13259 (17 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 17973 of 2007(M)
1. THE MALAPPURAM DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE
2. THE MANAGER,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.PARAMESWARAN NAIR
For Respondent :SRI.U.K.RAMAKRISHNAN
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.M.JOSEPH
O R D E R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
W.P.(C).No. 17973 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dated this the 17th day of July, 2007
Petitioner availed a loan from the first respondent which he could not repay. Recovery steps were taken.
2. I heard learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned counsel for the Bank.
3. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that petitioner may be permitted to pay off the entire amounts in easy instalments. The writ petition is disposed of as follows: Recovery steps against the petitioner will be kept in abeyance on condition that the petitioner pays off the entire amount due with interest in six equal monthly instalments, the first of which shall be payable on or before 10/08/2007. Petitioner is to pay the succeeding instalments on or before the 10th of every succeeding months. The bank will serve a statement on the petitioner showing the exact amount of instalments payable by the petitioner within two weeks from WPC No.17973/07 2 today. If the petitioner does not pay any of the instalments as aforesaid, it is open to the respondent Bank to proceed against the petitioner in accordance with law. If the petitioner continues to pay the instalments, proceedings will not be enforced against him.
(K.M.JOSEPH, JUDGE)sv. WPC No.17973/07 3
(K.M.JOSEPH, JUDGE)sv. WPC No.17973/07 4
(K.M.JOSEPH, JUDGE)sv. WPC No.17973/07 5
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.