High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.R. SUBRAMANIAN v. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR, ERNAKULAM - WP(C) No. 21953 of 2007(L)  RD-KL 13281 (17 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 21953 of 2007(L)
1. P.R. SUBRAMANIAN,
2. A.A. RAFFIC,
3. A.S. SHANAVAS, -DO- -DO-.
4. K.A. ABDUL VAHID,
1. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR, ERNAKULAM.
2. THE ASSISTANT EXCISE COMMISSIONER,
3. P.N. THILAKAN,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.K.SURESH KUMAR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
S. SIRI JAGAN, J.W.P.(C)NO.21953 OF 2007
DATED THIS THE 17th DAY OF JULY, 2007
The petitioners complain that the 3rd respondent is running a toddy shop within the prohibited distance as prescribed in the Kerala Abkari Shops Disposal Rules. The petitioners, therefore, filed Ext.P2 complaint seeking cancellation of the licence. The petitioners now seeks a direction to the 2nd respondent to consider Ext.P2 complaint and pass appropriate orders thereon.
2. I have heard the learned Government pleader also. The petitioners point out that Ext.P2 has been forwarded by the 1st respondent to the 2nd respondent for appropriate action and therefore, the 2nd respondent may be directed to consider the matter.
3. In the facts and circumstances of the case, I direct the 2nd respondent to consider the complaint in Ext.P2 and take appropriate decision thereon in accordance with law as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within one month from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment after affording an opportunity of being heard to the petitioners as well as the 3rd respondent. The writ petition is disposed of as above.
S. SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEAcd 2
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.