High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.SILAJA DEVI, W/O.P.GOPINATHAN v. THE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION - WP(C) No. 22181 of 2007(N)  RD-KL 13475 (19 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 22181 of 2007(N)
1. C.SILAJA DEVI, W/O.P.GOPINATHAN,
1. THE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION,
2. THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION,
3. THE DISTRICT EDUCATIONAL OFFICER,
4. THE MANAGER, CORPORATE EDUCATIONAL
5. THE HEADMASTER, HOLY CROSS HIGH SCHOOL,
For Petitioner :SRI.V.A.MUHAMMED
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice A.K.BASHEER
O R D E R
A.K.BASHEER, J.W.P.(C)No.22181 OF 2007
Dated this the 19th day of July, 2007
Petitioner, who is working as High School Assistant in one of the schools under the management of respondent no.4, has preferred this writ petition contending inter alia that the order passed by respondent no.3 cancelling the post of HSA (Social Studies) with retrospective effect is totally illegal and vitiated.
2. It is the admitted position that petitioner has preferred Ext.P7 revision petition against Ext.P6 order passed by respondent no.3 under rule 12-E (3) of Chapter XXIII Kerala Education Rule. That being the position, I am satisfied that the revisional authority has to take a decision in the matter.
3. Therefore, this writ petition is disposed of with a direction to respondent no.1 to consider and pass orders on Ext.P7 strictly on its merit and in accordance with law as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within two months from W.P.(C)No.22181 OF 2007 the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. It will be open to the petitioner to approach the revisional authority for appropriate interim orders, if so advised.
4. Respondent no.1 shall ensure that the petitioner, respondent no.4 and all others who are likely to be affected by any order that may be passed, are afforded sufficient opportunity to be heard before any decision is taken in the matter. Petitioner shall produce a copy of the writ petition along with a certified copy of the judgment before respondent no.1 for compliance. Writ petition is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.