High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.V.BALACHANDRAN v. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR, KANNUR - RP No. 951 of 2004(A)  RD-KL 13506 (19 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMRP No. 951 of 2004(A)
1. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR, KANNUR.
2. JOINT REGISTRAR OF CO-OPERATIVE
3. THE SPECIAL SALES OFFICER,
4. THE GENERAL MANAGER,
5. THALIPARAMBA PRIMARY CO-OPERATIVE
For Petitioner :SRI.V.RAJAGOPAL
For Respondent :SRI.M.SASINDRAN
The Hon'ble MR. Justice KURIAN JOSEPH
O R D E R
KURIAN JOSEPH, J.R.P. NO. 951 OF 2004 IN O.P. NO. 28355 OF 2002
Dated this the 19th day of July, 2007.
O R D E RThis is a petition to review the judgment dated 03.11.2004 in O.P. 28355/2002. The petitioner claimed one-time settlement and he was relegated to pursue the matter before the Joint Registrar of Co-operative Societies, in view of the intervening developments.
2. It is pointed out that the sale had already taken place and the matter is pending before the Joint Registrar for confirmation. It is to that Authority that the petitioner is to be relegated. All the grievances the petitioner now taken in the review petition can be pursued before the Joint Registrar and the said Authority will take appropriate action in accordance with law.
3. The contention that only a part of the property was sufficient to meet the debt and that the petitioner is entitled for one-time settlement etc. will also be considered by the said Authority. The further submission that the property could even be put to re-auction is also a matter for the Joint Registrar to consider. R.P. NO. 951/04 2 Therefore, clarifying the position as above regarding the jurisdiction of the Joint Registrar, this review petition is closed further clarifying only that further proceedings shall be deferred for a further period of four months so as to enable the Joint Registrar to examine the case of the petitioner, within which time the Joint Registrar shall decide the issue with notice to the petitioner and the Bank.
KURIAN JOSEPH, JUDGE.smp
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.