High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
CHANDRAN, S/O. APPU, AGED 25 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 4261 of 2007  RD-KL 13609 (20 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4261 of 2007()
1. CHANDRAN, S/O. APPU, AGED 25 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.R.GOPAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.Nos.4261, 4263, 4264, 4265 & 4266 of 2007
Dated this the 20th day of July, 2007
ORDERApplication for regular bail. The petitioner faces indictment in 5 different prosecutions, all pending before the Judicial Magistrate of the First Class-III, Trivandrum. The petitioner faces allegations under Sections 401 and 379 read with 511 I.P.C. The petitioner has criminal antecedents. He is involved in crimes of theft and other related crimes. The petitioner continues in custody from 27.02.2007 in these cases, he having been produced before the learned Magistrate on a production warrant issued against him as he was detained in some other crimes.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the petitioner has remained in custody from 27.02.2007. In these circumstances, the petitioner may now be enlarged on bail, it is submitted.
3. The learned Public Prosecutor opposes the application. The petitioner has criminal antecedents. If he were released on bail, he will not be available for trial. It is submitted that the trial in these cases has already commenced.
4. Report of the learned Magistrate was called for. In the report, the learned Magistrate reports that all the 5 cases are posted B.A.Nos.4261, 4263, 4264, 4265 & 4266 of 2007 2 for trial to 26.07.07. The learned Magistrate undertakes that the trial shall be expedited and it shall be completed by 20.09.07.
5. Having considered all the relevant inputs, I am of the opinion that it would be sufficient in the facts and circumstances of this case to direct the learned Magistrate to complete the trial as expeditiously as possible - at any rate, prior to 30.09.07. Compliance shall be reported to this Court. If cases are not disposed of by that date, the petitioner shall be at liberty to approach this Court again for bail. Every endeavour shall be made by the learned Magistrate to comply with the undertaking - to dispose of all the cases by 20.09.07.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.