High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SADASIVAN NAIR, S/O.KUTTAN NAIR, AGED v. EXCISE RANGE INSPECTOR, CHENGANNUR - Bail Appl No. 4406 of 2007  RD-KL 13828 (23 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4406 of 2007()
1. SADASIVAN NAIR, S/O.KUTTAN NAIR, AGED
1. EXCISE RANGE INSPECTOR, CHENGANNUR
For Petitioner :SRI.VISHNU.R
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.B.A. NO. 4406 OF 2007
Dated this the 23rd day of July, 2007
ORDERApplication for regular bail. The petitioner faces allegations under the N.D.P.S. Act. He had allegedly transported 12.4 kgs. of ganja by train. He was intercepted and arrested on 6/6/07. He continues in custody. An earlier application for bail filed by him was dismissed by this Court as per the order dated 27/6/07.
2. The facts have been referred to in detail in the said order. The learned counsel for the petitioner repeats the prayer for grant of bail. The learned Public Prosecutor opposes the application.
4. It is not necessary to advert to the facts in any greater detail again in this order. This order must be read in continuation of the order dated 27/6/07. I note that the quantity of ganja seized is 12.4 kgs. The Investigators have B.A. NO. 4406 OF 2007 -: 2 :- received time only from 6/6/07. The prayer for further time to complete the investigation does appear to me to be absolutely reasonable and justified. The petitioner is hence not entitled for bail at this stage.
5. In the result this petition is dismissed; but I may hasten to observe that the petitioner shall be at liberty to move this Court or the learned Magistrate for bail again at a later stage of the investigation - not any rate, prior to 6/8/07. The Investigator shall, in the meantime, make every endeavour to complete the investigation by then. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge B.A. NO. 4406 OF 2007 -: 3 :-
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.