High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
N.VIDYA LAKSHMY @ VIDYA, 'LEKSHMY' v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE - Crl MC No. 2189 of 2007  RD-KL 13930 (24 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 2189 of 2007()
1. N.VIDYA LAKSHMY @ VIDYA, 'LEKSHMY',
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE
2. KAMALA DAS, 'SREYAS', VALIYAVEETTIL
For Petitioner :SRI.PIRAPPANCODE V.SREEDHARAN NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JCrl.M.C.No.2189 of 2007
Dated this the 24th day of July, 2007
O R D E RThe grievance of the petitioner is that she, who is not related to the husband of the defacto complainant at all, is unnecessarily arrayed as an accused in a crime registered under Section 498 A I.P.C. The husband and the relatives of the husband alone can commit the offence under Section 498 A I.P.C in law, urges the learned counsel for the petitioner.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor after taking instructions submits before the Court that the Investigator is satisfied about the acceptability of the said contention and has subsequently filed a report before the court deleting the petitioner from the array of parties. The petitioner is no more an accused in the crime, submits the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. I take note of and record the submissions of the learned Public Prosecutor. In the light of that submission, the learned counsel for the petitioner submits that no further directions are necessary in this Crl.M.C. This Crl.M.C is, accordingly dismissed as agreed.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)rtr/- 2
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.