High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BENOYKUMAR.K., AGED 31 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE - WP(C) No. 19301 of 2007(W)  RD-KL 14151 (26 July 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 19301 of 2007(W)
1. BENOYKUMAR.K., AGED 31 YEARS,
2. ANNAMMA AGED 48, D/O.KURIAKOSE,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE
2. THE VILLAGE OFFICER, MANAKKAD VILLAGE
3. THE TAHSILDAR, THODUPUZHA TALUK,
For Petitioner :SRI.CHITTOOR RAJAMANNAR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
S. SIRI JAGAN, J.W.P.(C)NO. 19301 OF 2007
DATED THIS THE 26th DAY OF JULY, 2007
The 2nd petitioner was directed to stop the operation of her granite quarry by Ext.P7 order issued by the 2nd respondent. The petitioners submit that the petitioners have been quarrying with licences and permits as applicable under law and therefore, the stop memo issued as per Ext.P7 is illegal and unsustainable. The 1st petitioner has filed Ext.P8 representation before the 3rd respondent. The petitioners now confine their prayer for a direction to the 3rd respondent to consider and pass orders on Ext.P8 expeditiously.
2. I have heard the learned Government pleader also. In the facts and circumstances of the case, there would be a direction to the 3rd respondent to consider and pass appropriate orders in accordance with law on Ext.P8 as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. The 3rd respondent shall grant an opportunity of being heard to the petitioners as well as others, who are likely to be affected. The writ petition is disposed of as above.
S. SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEAcd
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.