High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MECHERI SUDHEER, S/O.UMMER v. STATE OF KERALA, THROUGH SUB INSPECTOR - Bail Appl No. 263 of 2007  RD-KL 1437 (18 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 263 of 2007()
1. MECHERI SUDHEER, S/O.UMMER,
1. STATE OF KERALA, THROUGH SUB INSPECTOR,
For Petitioner :SRI.DEVIDAS.U.K
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No.263 of 2007
Dated this the 18th day of January, 2007.
ORDERIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the first accused in Crime No.21 of 2006 of Pothukallu Police Station for offences punishable under Sec.55(a)(h) read with Sec. 53 of the Abkari Act for having been found in possession of 44 litres of illicit arrack on 6.12.2006, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Nilambur and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. BA 263/07 -: 2 :-
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.