High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
E.V. KURUVILLA, AGED 81 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 14576 of 2006(I)  RD-KL 14648 (1 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 14576 of 2006(I)
1. E.V. KURUVILLA, AGED 81 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR,
3. ST.MARY'S ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL CHURCH,
4. THE TRUSTEE, ST.MARY'S ORTHODOX
5. THE SECRETARY, ST.MARY'S ORTHODOX
For Petitioner :SRI.A.V.THOMAS
For Respondent :SRI.P.N.RAVINDRAN
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
S. SIRI JAGAN, J.W.P.(C)NO. 14576 OF 2006
DATED THIS THE 1st DAY OF AUGUST, 2007
This writ petition was filed at a time when the mortal remains of a person was not allowed to be cremated in the church cemetery in which the dead person was a member.
2. I passed an interim order dated 5.6.06 directing respondents 3 to 5 to allot an independent cellar for cremation of the dead body on payment of usual charges. The same is over. That being so, no further orders are necessary in this writ petition. However, the learned counsel for respondents 3 to 5 submits that there are some observations in the interim order, which may be held against respondents 3 to 5. I make it clear that any observation made in the course of passing the order would not in any way prejudice the rights of respondents 3 to5 in any future proceedings. Accordingly, the writ petition is closed in terms of the interim order with the above observation.
S. SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEAcd
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.