High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MADARI ANIL KUMAR, AGED 28 YEARS v. UNION OF INDIA - WP(C) No. 25748 of 2006(M)  RD-KL 14682 (1 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 25748 of 2006(M)
1. MADARI ANIL KUMAR, AGED 28 YEARS,
1. UNION OF INDIA,
2. AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA,
3. EXECUTIVE ENGINEER,
5. THE REGIONAL JOINT LABOUR COMMISSIONER,
For Petitioner :SRI.MANJERI SUNDERRAJ
For Respondent :SRI.R.SATHISH KUMAR, ADDL.CGSC
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
S. SIRI JAGAN, J.W.P.(C)NO.25748 OF 2006
DATED THIS THE 1st DAY OF AUGUST, 2007
The petitioner was formerly working as an employee of the Calicut Airport under the 2nd respondent . Later on, the 2nd respondent engaged the services of the 4th respondent as a contractor and the petitioner has been designated as Lift operating and Vehicle maintenance staff under the said contractor. The petitioner contends that this method of avoiding the petitioner from the employment of the 2nd respondent is unfair labour practice. With this complaint the petitioner filed Ext.P4 before the 5th respondent. The complaint of the petitioner is that the 5th respondent is not taking appropriate steps on Ext.P4, as required under the Industrial Disputes Act.
2. I have heard the learned counsel for the petitioner, the learned counsel for respondents 1 and 2 and the learned Government pleader appearing for the 5th respondent.
3. The learned Government pleader expresses a doubt as to whether the Government of Kerala is the appropriate Government for dealing with this issue. That is a matter which the 5th respondent can consider while taking further steps on Ext.P5. W.P.(c)No.25748/06 2 Accordingly, I dispose of this writ petition directing the 5th respondent to consider Ext.P4 and take appropriate steps as warranted by law. I make it clear that it would be open to the 5th respondent to consider whether the Government of Kerala is the appropriate Government for dealing with this particular issue, and to pass orders accordingly.
S. SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEAcd W.P.(c)No.25748/06 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.