High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SREEDHARA BHAT, TEACHER v. STATE REPRESENTED BY PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 274 of 2007  RD-KL 1477 (18 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 274 of 2007()
1. SREEDHARA BHAT, TEACHER,
2. PREMALATHA B.,
3. B. NARAYANA BHAT, S/O.LATE SHAM BHAT,
1. STATE REPRESENTED BY PUBLIC
2. THE STATON HOUSE OFFICER,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.SASINDRAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 274 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 18th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos.3, 6 and 1 respectively in Crime No.288/06 of Kumbla Police Station for offences punishable under sections 420 and 468 read with section 149 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting, inter alia, that this is a case in which documents were fabricated to make it appear that they were genuine documents. Even though I am not inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners, I am inclined to give the petitioners an opportunity to surrender before the Investigating Officer for custodial interrogation and thereafter to have their regular application disposed of by the Magistrate concerned expeditiously.
3. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to report before the Investigating Officer on any day between 19.1.2007 and 23.1.2007 for the purpose of custodial interrogation and recovery of incriminating documents, if any. The petitioners shall thereafter be produced before the Magistrate having jurisdiction BA.274/07 Page numbers on the same day and the Magistrate shall consider and dispose of the application for regular bail, if any, filed by the petitioners preferably on the same date on which it is filed. With this direction, this petition is disposed of.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.