High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MADHU.T.V. S/O. T.K.VIJAYAN v. KERALA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION - WP(C) No. 23641 of 2007(M)  RD-KL 14798 (2 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 23641 of 2007(M)
1. MADHU.T.V. S/O. T.K.VIJAYAN
2. GOPAKUMAR. P. S/O. V. KARUNAKARAN NAIR
3. SHAJI K.J.S/O. K.P. JOSEPH,
4. MEENA V.M. D/O.MATHEW V.A.
1. KERALA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
2. THE SECRETARY LABOUR
For Petitioner :SRI.P.K.RAMKUMAR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice A.K.BASHEER
O R D E R
A.K. BASHEER, J.W.P.(C). NO. 23641 OF 2007
Dated this the 2ndday of August, 2007
J U D G M E N T
Petitioners are stated to be the members of High School Assistant Rank Holders Association in Thrissur district. They claim that they, along with 31 other members of their Organisation, have been included in Ext.P1 Ranked list published by the Kerala Public Service Commission for appointment to the post of High School Assistant (Hindi) in the District. The list came into force on September 4, 2004.
2. Their grievance is that many of the enlisted candidates are not likely to get appointments before the expiry of the list at the rate at which Advice and appointment are being made now. The prayer in the writ petition is to issue a writ of mandamus or such other appropriate writ or direction to the respondents to extend the validity of Ext.P1 Ranked list until the Public Service Commission draws up a new Ranked list in its place.
3. I am afraid the prayer made by the petitioners is totally misconceived to say the least. Anyhow, I do not propose to make WPC NO.23641/07 Page numbers any further observation on the said prayer in view of the limited prayer made by learned counsel for the petitioners at the bar. He submits that the petitioners will be satisfied if the Government takes a decision on Exts. P2, P3 and P4 representations, which are stated to have been submitted by them. Yet again, I refrain from making any comment on the said request. The Government may take a decision if it decides in its wisdom to do so. The writ petition is closed.
A.K. BASHEER, JUDGEvps WPC NO.23641/07 Page numbers
A.K. BASHEER, JUDGEOP NO.20954/00
1ST MARCH, 2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.