High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.B.MANOJ, AGED 34 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 4682 of 2007  RD-KL 14876 (3 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4682 of 2007()
1. K.B.MANOJ, AGED 34 YEARS,
2. K.P.PRAJEESH @ TUTTU, AGED 25 YEARS,
3. V.R.MADHU, AGED 26 YEARS,
4. K.T.MOHANAN, AGED 46 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. S.I. OF POLICE, NARAKKAL.
For Petitioner :SRI.T.N.SURESH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.B.A. No. 4682 OF 2007
Dated this the 3rd day of August, 2007
ORDERApplication for anticipatory bail. The petitioners are accused 1 to 4 in an incident which took place at about 8.45 p.m. on 15/7/07 outside the residential compound of the de facto complainant. The rival contestants have advanced different versions of the incident. Case and counter case have been registered. In both cases, allegation under Sec.324 of the IPC is raised. In the instant case, allegation is raised under Sec.452 of the IPC also. It is the case of the de facto complainant in this case that after the incident which took place outside, the accused persons again went into the house of the de facto complainant and hit the victim with a torch.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioners submits that the allegations are totally false. Fanciful false allegations are B.A. No. 4682 OF 2007 -: 2 :- being raised that a part of the incident took place inside the house. That allegation is raised solely for the purpose of vexing and harassing the petitioners. Appropriate directions may be issued under Sect.438 of the Cr.P.C. to save the petitioners of the undeserved trauma of arrest and detention in custody.
3. The learned Public Prosecutor does not oppose the application and I am satisfied, in the facts and circumstances to which a brief reference has already been made, that the petitioners can be granted anticipatory bail. A more detailed reference to the facts does not appear to be necessary.
4. In the result, this petition is allowed. Following
directions are issued under Sec.438 of the Cr.P.C:
(i) The petitioners shall appear before the learned Magistrate having jurisdiction at 11 a.m. on 10/8/07. They shall be released on regular bail on their executing bonds for Rs.25,000/- each with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate. (ii) The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation before the Investigating Officer between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on 11/8/07 and 12/8/07 and thereafter as and when directed by the Investigating Officer in writing to do so. B.A. No. 4682 OF 2007 -: 3 :- (iii) If the petitioners do not appear before the learned Magistrate as directed in clause (i), directions issued above shall thereafter stand revoked and the police shall be at liberty to arrest the petitioners and deal with them in accordance with law as if these directions were not issued at all; (iv) If the petitioners were arrested prior to their surrender on 10/8/07 as directed in clause (i) above, they shall be released on their executing bonds for Rs.25,000/- each without any sureties undertaking to appear before the learned Magistrate on 10/8/07. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge B.A. No. 4682 OF 2007 -: 4 :-
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.