High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.BALAN, S/O.KUNHAPPU, AGED 65 YEARS v. THE CHERUKUNNU GRAMA PANCHAYATH - WP(C) No. 17313 of 2007(J)  RD-KL 14910 (3 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 17313 of 2007(J)
1. P.BALAN, S/O.KUNHAPPU, AGED 65 YEARS,
1. THE CHERUKUNNU GRAMA PANCHAYATH,
2. THE PRESIDENT, CHERUKUNNU GRAMA
3. THE VICE-PRESIDENT,
4. SHAJI, CHAIRMAN,
5. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.R.MANOJ
For Respondent :SRI.O.RAMACHANDRAN NAMBIAR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.M.JOSEPH
O R D E R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
W.P.(C).No. 17313 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dated this the 3rd day of August, 2007
Petitioner has approached this court praying for a direction to respondents 1 to 4 to refrain from forcibly seizing the property of the petitioner for road widening, except in accordance with due process of law. There is a further prayer for a direction to the first respondent to consider the grievance of the petitioner and other signatories in Ext.P1, in accordance with law, after hearing all affected parties.
2. Case of the petitioner in brief is that in collusion with private individuals without resorting to the process under the Land Acquisition Act respondents 1 to 4 are attempting to widen the road which has a width of approximately 3 metres.
3. Counter affidavit is filed on behalf of the Panchayat wherein it is stated that the width of the road is about 4 metres.
4. I heard learned counsel for the parties. There cannot be any dispute that the person cannot be WPC No.17313/07 2 deprived of the property except in the manner provided in law. There will be a direction to respondents 1 to 3 that they will not forcibly deprive the petitioner of any property in his possession. Of course, it is open to the respondents to seek to deprive the petitioner of the property in accordance with law. As regards the relief against the 4th respondent is concerned, I feel that it is open to the petitioner to seek relief against him in the appropriate forum.
(K.M.JOSEPH, JUDGE)sv. WPC No.17313/07 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.