High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
UNNIKRISHNAN, S/O. MADHAVAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 292 of 2007  RD-KL 1495 (18 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 292 of 2007()
1. UNNIKRISHNAN, S/O. MADHAVAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.P.VIJAYA BHANU
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.292 of 2007
DATED:JANUARY 18, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the sole accused in Crime No.429/2006 of Cherpulassery Police Station for an offence punishable under Secs.8(1) and 8(2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 4= litres of illicit arrack on 13.11.2006 and who was also arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application on the ground that the petitioner is an accused in two other cases involving similar offences, he fairly conceded that no final report has been filed even after 60 days of judicial custody of the petitioner. If so, by virtue of the proviso to sec.167(2) Cr.P.C. the petitioner is entitled to be released on bail as of right.
3. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Ottappalam, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. Petitioner shall report before the
between 9 a.m. and 11
Bail A.No.292/07 -:2:-
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the investigating officer.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.