High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ANEESH, SASTHAMTHUNDIL VEEDU v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 4738 of 2007  RD-KL 14968 (6 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4738 of 2007()
1. ANEESH, SASTHAMTHUNDIL VEEDU,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
2. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.PHILIP M.VARUGHESE
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J= = = = = = = = = = = = = B.A.Nos.4738 & 4751of 2007 = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 6th day of August, 2007
ORDERThese applications by the same petitioner are for regular bail. The petitioner in these cases faces allegations under the Kerala Abkari Act. The petitioner was allegedly found to be in possession of 4 litres of arrack on 13.05.2006 and 35 litres of arrack on 9.06.07. The petitioner was arrested on 26.06.07 and he continues in custody from that date. The learned Public Prosecutor submits that the petitioner has three other earlier crimes under the Kerala Abkari Act.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner prays, the learned Public Prosecutor does not oppose the said prayer on condition that the Investigator is given some further time to complete the investigation and I am satisfied that the petitioner can now be enlarged on bail subject to appropriate conditions.
3. In the result, this application is allowed. The petitioner
shall be released on bail on the following terms and conditions.
i) The petitioner shall not be released on the strength of this order prior to 14.08.2007. The Investigators shall in the meantime B.A.No.4738& 4751 of 2007 2 make every endeavour to complete the investigation. ii) The petitioner shall execute a bond for Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh only) with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate; iii) The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation on all Mondays before the Konny Police and all Fridays before the Konny Excise Range between 10 a.m and 12 noon for a period of three months and thereafter as and when directed by the Investigating Officers in writing to do so.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)sj /TRUE COPY/
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.