High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SURESH, AGED 27 YEARS, S/O MAYAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 4735 of 2007  RD-KL 15048 (6 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4735 of 2007()
1. SURESH, AGED 27 YEARS, S/O MAYAN,
2. SASI, AGED 24 YEARS, S/O VELANDI,
3. SUNIL, AGED 24 YEARS, S/O CHANDRAN,
4. MOHANAN, AGED 26 YEARS, S/O CHANDRAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.JOHNSON P.JOHN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J= = = = = = = = = = = = = B.A.No.4735 of 2007 = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 6th day of August, 2007
ORDERApplication for regular bail. The petitioners are accused Nos.3,4 ,5 and 7 in a crime registered, inter alia, under Sections 363,,376 and 384 read with 34 IPC. The primary allegation is that the 1st accused allegedly kidnapped the daughter of his employer a girl below the age of consent. It is further alleged that he had sexual intercourse with the victim. What is the allegation against the petitioners ? The short allegation is that they facilitated the elopement of the victim and the 1st accused and the commission of rape later. The petitioners remain in custody from 1.6.07.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioners prays, the learned Public Prosecutor does not fairly oppose the said prayer and I am satisfied that the petitioners are entitled to be enlarged on bail now subject of course to appropriate conditions
3. In the result, this petition is allowed. The petitioners shall
be released on bail on the following terms and conditions.
B.A.No. 4735 of 2007 2
i) The petitioners shall execute bonds for Rs.25,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) each with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate. iii) The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation before the investigating officer between 10 a.m and 12 noon on all Mondays and Fridays, for a period of one month. Thereafter, they shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when directed by the investigating officer in writing to do so.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)sj /TRUE COPY/
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.