High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
T.SASINDHRAN, S/O.RAMAN MENON(LATE) v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 4733 of 2007  RD-KL 15052 (6 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 4733 of 2007()
1. T.SASINDHRAN, S/O.RAMAN MENON(LATE),
2. USHA, W/O.MURALEEDHARAN, PALLAKAZHI
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.RAJIT
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J= = = = = = = = = = = = = B.A.No.4733 of 2007 = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 6th day of August, 2007
ORDERApplication for anticipatory bail. Petitioners are the husband and the sister in law of the defacto complainant. Crime has been registered on the basis a private complaint filed before the learned Magistrate and referred under Sec.156(3) Cr.P.C. to the Police. Investigation is in progress. The petitioners apprehend imminent arrest.
2. The marriage took place on 03.06.07. Shortly thereafter the acrimony started. According to the learned counsel for the petitioner, false and vexatious allegations are being raised solely because of the said strain in the matrimonial tie. There is no allegation of any physical cruelty resulting in injuries. Investigation is in progress. The petitioners apprehend imminent arrest.
3. The learned counsel for the petitioner prays, the learned Public Prosecutor does not oppose the said prayer and I am satisfied, in the facts and circumstances of the case referred above, that anticipatory bail can be granted to the petitioners.
4. In the result, this application is allowed. The following
directions were issued under Section 438 Cr.P.C.:-
B.A.No.4733 of 2007 2
i) The petitioners shall appear before the learned Magistrate having jurisdiction at 11 a.m on 13.08.07 They shall be enlarged on regular bail on their executing bonds for Rs.25,000/-(Rupees Twenty Five thousand only) each with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate. ii) The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation before the Investigating Officer between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m on 14.08.07 and 15.08.07 and thereafter between 10 a.m and 12 p.m on all Mondays and Fridays for a period of one month. Subsequently as and when directed by the Investigating Officer, in writing to do so. (iii) If the petitioners do not appear before the learned Magistrate as directed in clause (i), directions issued above shall thereafter stand revoked and the police shall be at liberty to arrest the petitioners and deal with them in accordance with law, as if these directions were not issued at all. (iv) If they were arrested prior to 13.08.07, they shall be released from custody on their executing a bond for Rs.25,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) without any sureties, undertaking to appear before the learned Magistrate on 13.08.07.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)sj /TRUE COPY/
P.A.TO JUDGEB.A.No.4733 of 2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.