High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
DAMODARAN, S/O.KANDAMUTHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED B THE - Bail Appl No. 309 of 2007  RD-KL 1519 (19 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 309 of 2007()
1. DAMODARAN, S/O.KANDAMUTHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED B THE
For Petitioner :SRI.K.P.BALAGOPAL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No.309 of 2007
Dated this the 19th day of January, 2007.
ORDERPetitioner, who is the first accused in Crime No.426 of 2006 of Chittoor Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 55(a) of Abkari Act for allegedly bringing 942 litres of spirit in a Tata Sumo bearing registration No.TN 25/B 8401 for his purpose on 19.11.2006, seeks his enlargement on bail. The petitioner was arrested on 1.1.2007.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. It is too early to accept the petitioner's contention that the petitioner is nothing to do with the contraband spirit and that he had been falsely implicated in the case.
3. I am not satisfied that both the grounds enumerated under Clause (b)(ii) of Sec. 41 A of the Abkari Act are present in this case so as to justify the release of the petitioner on bail. This application is accordingly dismissed. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.