High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KARUNAGAPPALLY TALUK HANDLOOM WEAVERS v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY ITS - WP(C) No. 6045 of 2004(T)  RD-KL 15210 (8 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 6045 of 2004(T)
1. KARUNAGAPPALLY TALUK HANDLOOM WEAVERS
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY ITS
2. REGIONAL PROVIDENT FUND COMMISSIONER,
3. RECOVERY OFFICER, KERALA EMPLOYEES
For Petitioner :SRI.P.V.VENUGOPAL
For Respondent :SRI.N.N.SUGUNAPALAN, SC, IHRDE
The Hon'ble MR. Justice KURIAN JOSEPH
O R D E R
KURIAN JOSEPH, J.W.P. (C). NO. 6045 OF 2004
Dated this the 8th day of August, 2007.
J U D G M E N T
Petitioner approached this Court aggrieved by Exhibit P9 notice in the matter of proceedings under Section 14B of the Employees' Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
2. Sri. N.N. Sugunapalan, learned Standing Counsel referring to the counter affidavit submits that the petitioner was given ample opportunities, but the petitioner did not turn up on such occasions. Be that as it may. Taking note of the entire facts and circumstances of the case, particularly the contention that the petitioner is still a sick unit, it is only in the interest of justice that a further opportunity is given. Therefore, there will be a direction to the competent authority to afford a fresh opportunity to the petitioner before any further action is taken in the matter. This writ petition is disposed of as above.
KURIAN JOSEPH, JUDGE.smp
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.