High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
NOORJAHAN, H.NO.25/282, PUTHUPALLY v. TAHSILDAR (RR), PALAKKAD - WP(C) No. 11031 of 2004(L)  RD-KL 15229 (8 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 11031 of 2004(L)
1. NOORJAHAN, H.NO.25/282, PUTHUPALLY
1. TAHSILDAR (RR), PALAKKAD.
2. VILLAGE OFFICER, VILLAGE I VILLAGE,
3. TRANSPORT COMMISSIONER,
4. M/S.HEMAMBIKA HIRE PURCHASE AND
5. JOINT REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICER,
For Petitioner :SRI.G.HARIHARAN
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice KURIAN JOSEPH
O R D E R
KURIAN JOSEPH, J.W.P. (C). NO. 11031 OF 2004
Dated this the 8th day of August, 2007.
J U D G M E N T
Petitioner is aggrieved by the recovery proceedings initiated in the matter of realisation of motor vehicle tax. According to the petitioner, once the vehicle has been seized by the financier- 4th respondent, there is no liability thereafter for the tax. This is a matter for the petitioner to point out before the 5th respondent.
2. In the event of the petitioner thus approaching the 5th respondent within a period of two months from today, the 5th respondent will duly enquire into the matter with notice to the petitioner and 4th respondent and pass appropriate orders apportioning the liability in accordance with law, in case the vehicle had been seized by the 4th respondent as submitted by the petitioner, within a period of another three months. Interim order passed by this Court will continue for a further period of six months in order to enable the petitioner to workout the relief as above. This writ petition is disposed of as above.
KURIAN JOSEPH, JUDGE.smp
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.