High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
GEORGE JOSEPH, KOTTAKKUNNEL HOUSE v. THE KOTTAYAM DISTRICT CO-OP.BANK LTD - WP(C) No. 2348 of 2007(D)  RD-KL 1529 (19 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 2348 of 2007(D)
1. GEORGE JOSEPH, KOTTAKKUNNEL HOUSE,
1. THE KOTTAYAM DISTRICT CO-OP.BANK LTD,
2. KOTTAYAM DISTRICT CO-OP.BANK,
3. SPECIAL SALE OFFICER,
For Petitioner :SRI.LIJI.J.VADAKEDOM
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice J.M.JAMES
O R D E R
J.M.JAMES, J.W.P.(C). 2348/2007 Dated this the 19thday of January, 2007
The writ petitioner, who is a defaulter of the amount due to the second respondent, bank, is before this Court praying that he is prepared to pay back the entire amount due to the second respondent, provided the benefits of One Time Settlement scheme is extended to him.
2. I heard the arguments advanced by the learned counsel for the writ petitioner as well as the counsel for the respondents 1 and 2.
3. In the circumstances of the case, I direct the writ petitioner to file a fresh representation before the second respondent, bank, requesting for an One Time Settlement, within ten days from today. On receipt of the same, the second respondent shall hear the petitioner, fix the amount due from him and pass orders on merit, extending the facilities and benefits of One Time W.P.(C).2348/2007 2 Settlement scheme available under Circular No.59/2006 dated 30.11.2006. This shall be done within one month from the date of receipt of the representation as well as the copy of this judgment.
4. There shall be no coercive action against the writ petitioner till a final order is passed on the representation and the directions, contained in the order of the second respondent extending the benefits of One Time Settlement, are complied with. The writ petition is disposed of as above. J.M.JAMES
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.