High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BABU, S/O.NARAYANAN v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED - Crl MC No. 26 of 2007  RD-KL 155 (3 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 26 of 2007()
1. BABU, S/O.NARAYANAN,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED
2. THE DETECTIVE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.C.A.CHACKO
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JCrl.M.C.No.26 of 2007
Dated this the 3rd day of January 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, whose application for anticipatory bail was dismissed by another bench of this court, as per order dated 20/12/2006, has come to this court now for enlargement of time for appearance before the investigating officer. The relevant observations appear in paragraph 3 of the order dated 20/12/2006 which I extract below:
"Anticipatory bail cannot be granted to a person like the petitioner. There is no reason why the petitioner should not surrender before the investigating officer and then apply for regular bail. The petitioner shall surrender before the investigating officer within one week from today for the purpose of custodial interrogation and recovery of documents, if any. Thereafter, the petitioner shall be produced before the Magistrate having jurisdiction who shall consider and dispose of his application for regular bail, if any, filed by the petitioner, preferably on the same day on which it is filed."
2. The petitioner wants extension of time. He could not appear before the investigating officer within a period of seven days stipulated in the order. Crl.M.C.No.26/07 2
3. I find no merit in the prayer for extension of time. The petitioner can, at any time, appear before the investigating officer or the learned Magistrate and seek bail. Needless to say, if the petitioner appears and applies for bail before the learned Magistrate after giving sufficient prior notice to the Public Prosecutor in charge of the case, the learned Magistrate must pass appropriate orders on merits, in accordance with law and expeditiously.
4. With the above observation, this Criminal Miscellaneous Case is dismissed.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr Crl.M.C.No.26/07 3 Crl.M.C.No.26/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF JULY 2006
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.