High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MOHAMMED HASHIM, S/O.ABDURAHIMAN KUTTY v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED - Bail Appl No. 291 of 2007  RD-KL 1562 (19 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 291 of 2007()
1. MOHAMMED HASHIM, S/O.ABDURAHIMAN KUTTY
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED
For Petitioner :SRI.K.K.MOHAMED RAVUF
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No. 291 of 2007
Dated this the 19th day of January, 2007.
ORDERIn this Petition filed under Sec. 438 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the accused in Crime No.5 of 2007 of Tanur Police Station for offences punishable under Secs. 452, 323 and 324 I.P.C., seeks anticipatory bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. BA 291/07 -: 2 :-
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. The petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.