High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SAJAN K.GEORGE, S/O.GEORGE v. THE KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD - WP(C) No. 2306 of 2007(Y)  RD-KL 1601 (19 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 2306 of 2007(Y)
1. SAJAN K.GEORGE, S/O.GEORGE,
1. THE KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD,
2. THE DEPUTY CHIEF ENGINEER,
3. ASSISTANT ENGINEER,
4. SUB ENGINEER-IN CHARGE,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.L.SAJEEVAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice P.R.RAMAN
O R D E R
P.R.RAMAN, J.``````````````````````````` W.P.(C) NO. 2306 OF 2007 ```````````````````````````
Dated this the 19th day of January, 2007
J U D G M E N T
Exhibit P1 is a bill issued to the petitioner for an amount of Rs.50,983.38. The last date fixed for payment is 22/01/2007. But the grievance of the petitioner is that the supply was disconnected even without waiting for the last date for payment of the amount.
2. The standing counsel appearing on behalf of the respondents would submit that since the petitioner has been found to consume electricity without recording in the meter, the disconnection is permissible under Regulation 25 F & I of the Supply Code.
3. Having heard both sides, the following directions are issued.
4. If the petitioner has got any grievance against Exhibit P1, he can raise his objections before the same authority who shall consider the same and dispose it of in accordance with law. The petitioner has got further right of appeal if he is aggrieved by any such order. The petitioner has not admittedly sought for any such relief and even now it is open to him to seek such remedy available WPC 2306/2007 to him under law. There will be a direction that in case the amount is paid under protest, supply shall be restored. Writ petition is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.