High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SAJEEV, AGED 27 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 333 of 2007  RD-KL 1602 (19 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 333 of 2007()
1. SAJEEV, AGED 27 YEARS,
2. VINOD, AGED 29 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.P.GOPAKUMARAN NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No. 333 of 2007
Dated this the 19th day of January, 2007.
ORDERPetitioners, who are accused Nos. 2 and 3 in Crime No.243 of 2006 of Keezhvaipur Police Station for offences punishable under Section 8(1) and (2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in joint possession of 1.5 litres of illicit arrack as between them and 5 litres of spirit with the first accused on 20.12.2006 and who were arrested on the same day, seek their enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the duration of judicial custody of the petitioners and the other circumstances of the case etc., I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioners. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to be released on bail on each of them executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Thiruvalla and subject to the following conditions:
1. The petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. BA 333/07 -: 2 :- on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.