High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
THOMAS ABRAHAM, S/O. LATE KUNJUMON v. SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE - WP(C) No. 13947 of 2007(I)  RD-KL 16036 (18 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 13947 of 2007(I)
1. THOMAS ABRAHAM, S/O. LATE KUNJUMON
1. SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
2. DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
3. CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
4. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
5. EALIAMMA KURIEN,
6. ALEX KURIEN, S/O. LATE BABY,
7. BABY, S/O. LATE KUNJUCHERUKEN,
8. RAMESH, S/O. KOCHUCHERUKKAN,
9. SURESH, S/O. KUTTY,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.HARIDAS
For Respondent :SRI.S.P.ARAVINDAKSHAN PILLAY
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR The Hon'ble MR. Justice HARUN-UL-RASHID
O R D E RK.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR &
HARUN-UL-RASHID, JJ.W.P.(C) No.13947 of 2007-I Dated 18th August, 2007.
Balakrishnan Nair, J.The petitioner is having a small plot of land. Alleging that respondents 5 to 9 are trying to cut open a pathway through his property, the petitioner has moved the civil court and obtained an interim injunction. The petitioner submits, the party respondents are disobeying the injunction and also trying to physically harm him. So, he has preferred Ext.P3 representation before the Chief Minister with copy to the police. Since the police did not extend any helping hand, this writ petition is filed, seeking appropriate reliefs.
2. The learned counsel appearing for respondents 5, 6 and 9 submitted that the said respondents will not violate the interim order of the civil court and they have no plan whatsoever to cause any physical harm to the petitioner. The learned Government Pleader, upon instructions submitted that there is some civil dispute between the parties. But there is no threat to the life of the petitioner. WP(C) No. 13947/07
3. If the injunction is violated, the petitioner's remedy is to move the court which granted the injunction. But, if there is any threat to his life, the petitioner may bring it to the notice of respondents 3 and 4. In that event they will look into the same and take appropriate action in accordance with law. The Writ Petition is disposed of as above.
K. BALAKRISHNAN NAIR, JUDGE.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.