High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.C.JOY, FIRST GRADE OVERSEER, P.W.D. v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 25539 of 2007(M)  RD-KL 16268 (22 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 25539 of 2007(M)
1. C.C.JOY, FIRST GRADE OVERSEER, P.W.D.,
2. K.V.LISSY, FIRST GRADE DRAFTSMAN,
3. GEORGE KURIAKOSE, FIRST GRADE
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE CHIEF ENGINEER, P.W.D.
For Petitioner :DR.K.P.SATHEESAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice ANTONY DOMINIC
O R D E R
ANTONY DOMINIC, J.
W.P.(C) NO. 25539 OF 2007
Dated this the 22nd day of August, 2007
J U D G M E N T
Petitioners are First Grade Overseers in the Public Works Department and they are claiming promotion to the post of Assistant Engineer in the quota earmarked for Diploma holders. According to them, even going by Ext.P3 communication obtained under the Right to Information Act, 12 vacancies are available in the Diploma quota. Requesting that their claims be considered against the quota for Diploma holders, first petitioner has filed Ext.P2 representation before the 2nd respondent and according to the petitioners, no orders have been passed on Ext.P2.
2. I heard the learned Government Pleader in the matter.
3. Taking into account the grievances of the WPC 25539/07 petitioners, I dispose of this writ petition directing the 2nd respondent to consider and pass orders on Ext.P2, as expeditiously as possible, at any rate within a period of one month from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment.
4. Petitioners shall produce a copy of this judgment before the 2nd respondent for compliance. Writ petition is disposed of as above.
ANTONY DOMINIC, JUDGE.Rp
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.