High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
A.AYYAPPAN, AGED 60 YEARS v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 33444 of 2006(F)  RD-KL 1632 (22 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 33444 of 2006(F)
1. A.AYYAPPAN, AGED 60 YEARS,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE KERALA WATER AUTHORITY,
For Petitioner :SRI.M.R.GOPALAKRISHNAN NAIR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, JW.P.(C)NO.33444 of 2006
Dated this the 22nd day of January, 2007
Ext.P15 representation filed by the petitioner is pending with the Managing Director of the second respondent. The petitioner is a retired Draftsman. He feels aggrieved by the non-payment of full service benefits consequent on the grant of higher grade. He retired from service as early as on 30.6.2001. He was granted higher grade benefits sometime in 1999. It appears that he is not satisfied with the fixation of pay and consequent higher emoluments granted to him.
2. Counsel for the respondent Water Authority submits that the petitioner can put forward a legitimate claim only if the government order on which he places reliance on, is made applicable to the Water Authority. It is also contended, on behalf of the respondents, that records will have to be perused to come to a decision whether the petitioner is eligible for the benefit as per Ext.P15.
3. In the circumstances, I am inclined to dispose of the writ petition directing the second respondent to consider Ext.P15 with reference to available records and pass orders, in accordance with law, within two months from the date of receipt of a copy of the W.P.(C)No.33444/2006 2 judgment. The order thus passed shall be communicated to the petitioner immediately. The petitioner shall produce a copy of this judgment before the second respondent for information and compliance.
K.K.DENESAN, JUDGEcss/ W.P.(C)No.33444/2006 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.