High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
D. BHUVANANDRAN NAIR v. THE SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT - WP(C) No. 6135 of 2007(E)  RD-KL 16390 (23 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 6135 of 2007(E)
1. D. BHUVANANDRAN NAIR,
1. THE SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT,
2. THE DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE,
3. HIGHER DEPARTMENTAL PROMOTION
For Petitioner :SRI.R.RAMADAS
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice ANTONY DOMINIC
O R D E R
ANTONY DOMINIC, J.= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = W.P.(C) No. 6135 OF 2007 E = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 23rd August, 2007
J U D G M E N T
Petitioner is a Chief Soil Chemist in the rank of Deputy Director, since 6-9-2000. According to him he is eligible to be promoted to the post of Joint Director. Pursuant to Ext. P3 memo of charges, disciplinary proceedings were conducted against the petitioner and it is stated that the enquiry officer has submitted his report as early as in 2002. It is complained that further action thereon has not been concluded. In the meanwhile, meeting of the Departmental Promotion Committee is going to be held and that the petitioner apprehends that in view of the pendency of the disciplinary proceedings he is likely to be excluded from the select list.
2. The apprehension of the petitioner is based on the delay in the conclusion of the disciplinary proceedings. Hence the appropriate order to be passed is to direct the authorities to finalise the proceedings against the petitioner as expeditiously as W.P.(C) No. 6135 OF 2007 -2- possible.
3. After having heard the learned Govt. Pleader, I direct the 1st respondent to finalise the proceedings initiated against the petitioner pursuant to Ext. P3 memo of charges as expeditiously as possible, at any rate within six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. Petitioner shall produce a copy of this judgment before the 1st respondent for compliance. ANTONY DOMINIC
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.