High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
HARICHANDRAN, S/O.DHASARATHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 5235 of 2007  RD-KL 16498 (24 August 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 5235 of 2007()
1. HARICHANDRAN, S/O.DHASARATHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY PUBLIC
2. V.D.SUNIL, S/O.DHASARATHAN, VATTATHIL
For Petitioner :SRI.SOORAJ T.ELENJICKAL
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JB.A.No.5235 of 2007
Dated this the 24th day of August, 2007
ORDERApplication for regular bail. The petitioner faces allegations, inter alia, under Sections 452 and 308 I.P.C. The defacto complainant is none other than the brother of the petitioner. The petitioner is alleged to have inflicted an injury with a knife on the victim. The petitioner continues in custody from 13.07.07. The alleged incident took place on 12.07.07.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the disputes between the defacto complainant and the petitioner have all been settled. They reside under the same roof. The incident happened only because of an unforeseen dispute which had arisen. The petitioner may now be enlarged on bail, it is prayed.
3. The learned Public Prosecutor after taking instructions submits that the Investigating Officer confirms that there has been some settlement of the disputes between the parties. I am satisfied, in these circumstances, that regular bail can be granted to the petitioner subject to appropriate conditions.
4. In the result, this application is allowed. The petitioner
shall be released on bail on the following
terms and conditions.
B.A.No.5235 of 2007 2
i) The petitioner shall execute a bond for Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty five thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate; ii) The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation before the Investigating Officer between 10 a.m and 12 noon on all Mondays and Fridays for a period of two months and thereafter as and when directed by the Investigating Officer in writing to do so.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.