High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
R.RAVIKUMAR, S/O.RAGHAVAN PILLAI v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Crl MC No. 1448 of 2007  RD-KL 16653 (4 September 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 1448 of 2007()
1. R.RAVIKUMAR, S/O.RAGHAVAN PILLAI,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.P.SIVARAJ
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.Crl.M.C.No.1448 of 2007
Dated this the 4th day of September 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner has come to this court with the prayer that the crime registered in so far as it relates to him may be quashed.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor on instructions submits that the final report has already been filed even before this Criminal Miscellaneous Case was filed and in these circumstances it is for the petitioner to raise his contentions before the learned Magistrate and claim discharge.
3. The learned counsel for the petitioner submits that in the light of that submission, this petition can now be closed without prejudice to the right of the petitioner to claim discharge/dropping of proceedings in accordance with the Code of Criminal Procedure before the learned Magistrate. The request, I am satisfied, can be accepted.
4. In the result, this Criminal Miscellaneous Case is dismissed without prejudice to the rights of the petitioner under law to challenge the final report in appropriate proceedings and to claim discharge/dropping of proceedings.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr // True Copy// PA to Judge Crl.M.C.No. 2 Crl.M.C.No. 3
ORDER21ST DAY OF MAY2007
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.