High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.M. SIVAKUMAR, L.D.CLERK v. COMMISSIONER OF LAND REVENUE - WP(C) No. 2412 of 2007(K)  RD-KL 1671 (22 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 2412 of 2007(K)
1. K.M. SIVAKUMAR, L.D.CLERK,
2. V.M. ASHRAF, VILLAGE ASSISTANT
1. COMMISSIONER OF LAND REVENUE,
2. DISTRICT COLLECTOR, IDUKKI.
For Petitioner :SRI.G.SUKUMARA MENON
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K. DENESAN, J.= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = W.P.(C) No. 2412 OF 2007 K = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Dated this the 22nd January, 2007
J U D G M E N T
The petitioners are now working as Lower Division Clerks in the Revenue Department which is their parent department. They had been working for some time in the Rural Development Department. On repatriation and reposting in the Revenue Department they are entitled to get promotions to the higher posts in that department according to seniority and qualification. Having not granted the above benefits in accordance with law, the petitioners filed Exts. P4 and P5 representations before the 1st respondent. It is specifically pointed out that their right for promotion to the post of Upper Division Clerk and still higher posts has already fallen due, but the promotion is denied for no fault of them.
2. Heard the Govt. Pleader for the respondents.
3. There shall be an order directing the 1st respondent to consider Exts. P4 and P5 and take appropriate decision as early as possible, in any event, within six weeks from the date of receipt of a WPC No. 2412/2007 -2- copy of the judgment. The petitioner shall produce a copy of the judgment along with a copy of the writ petition before the 1st respondent for due compliance. K.K. DENESAN
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.