High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
M.K. PARAMESWARAN, S/O. M. KANDU v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY - WA No. 1278 of 2005  RD-KL 1686 (22 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWA No. 1278 of 2005()
1. M.K. PARAMESWARAN, S/O. M. KANDU,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY
2. SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT, HOME DEPARTMENT
3. THE COMMISSIONER FOR GOVERNMENT
4. THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.JACOB SEBASTIAN
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.A.ABDUL GAFOOR The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.R.UDAYABHANU
O R D E R
K.A.ABDUL GAFOOR & K.R.UDAYABHANU, JJ.W.A.NO.1278 OF 2005 (C)
Dated this the 22 ND day of January, 2007.
J U D G M E N T
Abdul Gafoor, J.Appellant/writ petitioner attempted correction of his date of birth in the Service Book belatedly as is revealed by Ext.P7 order dated 15.04.93. He had also attempted correction of Date of Birth in School records, but there was delay in that regard. He sought for condonation of the delay. Fortunately, he got it condoned on 20.2.87. But an application, pursuant to the condonation of delay, for correction of date of birth was preferred only on 14.8.2000. Therefore it was rejected as per Ext.P11. Ext.P7 and P11 were upheld by learned Single Judge as per impugned judgment. Therefore this writ appeal.
2. In the light of Government Order G.O.(P) No.45/91/P&ARD dated 31.12.1991, no application for correction of date of birth in the service records will lie because of the time bar provided for in the said Government Order. There is no reason for condonation of delay in that regard. Challenge against Ext.P7 is also belated. W.A.NO.1278 OF 2005 (C) 2
3. Moreover there is no reasonable explanation for the latches in submitting an application after about 12 years of condonation of delay. Writ appeal therefore fails, dismissed. K.A.ABDUL GAFOOR
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.