High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MUJEEB, S/O. ABDU, AGED 27 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY - Bail Appl No. 310 of 2007  RD-KL 1698 (22 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 310 of 2007()
1. MUJEEB, S/O. ABDU, AGED 27 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY
For Petitioner :SRI.BIJU M.JOHN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.310/2007
DATED: JANUARY 22, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the 2nd accused in Crime No.192/2006 of Vellathooval Police Station for offences punishable under Secs.511 of 376 read with sec.34 I.P.C., seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. The case of the prosecution is that the petitioner along with others had sexually harassed the victim, namely 17 year old Sandhya, who subsequently committed suicide. The petitioner surrendered before the magistrate on 13.11.2006 pursuant to a direction issued by this court and he was remanded to judicial custody where he continues ever since then.
3. Even though Sri P.G.Thampi, the learned Director General of Prosecutions, opposed the application, having regard to the role attributed to the petitioner and the other circumstances of the case and the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner and having regard to the further fact that the charge sheet in the case has already been filed, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner subject, of course, to appropriate conditions for safeguarding the interests of the prosecution.
4. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Adimaly, Bail A.No.310/2007 -:2:- and subject to the following conditions:-
1. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
2. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.